How to increase your patient reviews
If you’re looking for a way to collect more patient feedback this year, Doctify has the answers. Within this blog, we will outline the strategies that you can use to increase your patient reviews in 2022 so that you can hear more from the people that you see.
4 ways to increase your patient reviews this year
- Let patients know why their feedback matters
- Digitise your patient review collection
- Send requests automatically to increase the volume
- Reply to all your patient reviews
1. Let patients know why their reviews matter
When someone feels that their feedback will be listened to, they are more likely to leave it.
At the end of an appointment with a patient, make them aware that you are collecting reviews and most importantly, explain the reasons why.
Let them know that reading patient reviews helps you to better understand their experiences. The feedback allows you to know what matters the most to your patients, so that you are always able to provide the highest standard of care to the people that you see.
2. Digitise your patient reviews to make it easy
One of the best ways to increase your patient reviews is to digitise your feedback collection. As opposed to relying on paper patient review templates – which can be cumbersome for you and your patients – use the technology that is available to you. This will make it easier for patients to leave reviews and as a result, lead to more feedback.
You can digitise your patient review collection in a number of ways, including:
- Sending dedicated emails to patients after their appointments, which contain a link to your online patient review questionnaire
- Including links to your online patient review questionnaire in any digital correspondence that you have with your patients. This may include having the link permanently in your email signature
- Sending SMS messages containing a link to your online patient review questionnaire to patients
- Setting up a QR code that links to your online patient review questionnaire and positioning the QR code throughout your practice
3. Send requests automatically to increase the volume
Another way to increase your patient reviews is to automate your feedback collection. Your practice management software provider can help you to set up emails that contain links to your feedback questionnaires, which are then automatically sent to patients after their appointments.
Automating your review collection comes with many benefits, including:
- A higher rate of patient feedback
- A consistent flow of reviews
- A more time-efficient process for your team
- Up-to-date feedback and real-time insights
At Doctify, we work with many practice management software providers in order to automate the review collection of our partners. We ensure that the right emails are sent to the right patients at the right times in order to achieve a greater volume of reviews with less administrative effort.
4. Reply to all your patient reviews
Responding to your patient reviews shows that you listen and that you care. In turn, this can encourage others to leave you feedback as they recognise that their response will be valued and taken seriously.
Research suggests that replying to reviews can not only result in more feedback, but also an increase in your star rating. It can also lead to patients providing more detailed feedback, which in turn can help you to better understand their experiences.
How Doctify can help you to increase patient reviews this year
At Doctify, we make it easy for our partners to collect, publish and analyse patient reviews.
Our team will work with you to set up an easy and efficient review collection process so that you are able to achieve a consistent flow of patient feedback. These reviews are then published onto your Doctify profile and across search results to boost your online reputation.
Our partners also have access to their own Doctify Analytics Suite, where we transform their reviews into meaningful insights. This allows for a deeper understanding of how patients think and feel, so that they can recognise what patients love along with the tweaks to make to improve their experiences.
If you would like to find out more about joining Doctify, please visit our Provider Centre to discover how we can best support you and your practice.