The power of peer recommendations
Patients want to be seen by healthcare professionals that others in the industry recommend.
It’s why asking for and giving online peer recommendations is becoming so powerful. These recommendations allow you to verify your skills online and stand out as a true expert in your field. Having access to these endorsements also helps patients find you and other healthcare professionals they can wholeheartedly trust.
Are you interested in finding out more about the growing importance of peer recommendations? This blog explores why online endorsements are so valuable to you and your patients. We also look at peer recommendations on Doctify and how to get set up using the feature right away.
Online peer recommendations are fast becoming the norm
Peer recommendations are already the norm in industries outside of healthcare. Take LinkedIn, where peer reviews help businesses hire great new employees and find trustworthy partners.
At Doctify, we are setting the new healthcare industry standard. Our platform enables healthcare professionals to leave and collect peer recommendations and importantly, display them online. That way, patients can read endorsements from healthcare professionals at the same time as feedback left by fellow patients.
Why do patients want to read peer recommendations?
“How do I find the best doctor for my treatment?” “How do I know they are the right doctor for me?”
These are questions that many patients struggle with when looking to make decisions about their health and wellbeing. Having access to online peer recommendations enables patients to answer these queries and feel confident before coming to see you.
Here’s how peer recommendations support patients:
- They build trust and confidence
- They highlight your experience
- They showcase your expertise
- They act as stamps of approval
Peer recommendations help patients feel at ease. They enable patients to tap into other experts’ honest experiences, giving them another tool to use in order to make the right choices about their healthcare. They recognise that they are going to be seen by someone who is truly respected in their field.
Unlock the power of peer recommendations with Doctify
Healthcare professionals signed up to Doctify can collect and leave peer recommendations through our platform.
- Log in to your Doctify dashboard
- Click on Recommendations in the left-hand side menu
- Follow the simple instructions on your screen
Best practice for peer recommendations
- Collect recommendations from a wide range of peers. They may be past or present colleagues, part of a multidisciplinary team or someone who is in your referral network.
- Request peer recommendations based on your different specialties. This will highlight your expertise in these areas, which will benefit patients looking into particular treatments.
- Don’t forget to write peer recommendations for those you have worked with. You are more likely to get a peer recommendation back when you give one.
Not yet signed up with Doctify?
Now is the time to join us.
We work closely with doctors, clinics, hospitals and care homes to support them in collecting and publishing patient reviews and peer recommendations.
Through our platform, you can create and manage an online profile that showcases your expertise to your patients. We also make it easy to gain valuable insights from your current patients, meaning that you always have an up-to-date understanding of your patient experience.
Read more about how Doctify can benefit both your patients and practice in our Provider Centre.